Open Beta Squeezebox
The intention with the Open Beta for Squeezebox is to give all early adopters within the Squeezebox community a chance to access ickStream services and share feedback. The Open Beta for Squeezebox only contains a limited set of all features offered by the ickStream Music Platform, it is however fully functional and it gives you a preview of how streaming services are integrated via ickStream and can be made available to hardware players such as the Logitech Squeezebox.
The Open Beta for Squeezebox is provided as-is and we do not guarantee any specific functionality or suitability for a specific purpose. We do reserve the right to change or withdraw any functionality provided, even completely, at any time. We do not guarantee access to certain services or capabilities until the launch of the first production release.
The open beta for Squeezebox consists of the following parts
- A plugin for LMS (Logitech Media Server) which provides
- An "ickStream" menu under the "My Apps" menu on your Squeezebox which allows you to browse content in the integrated streaming services
- Ability to search in the integrated streaming services
- Ability to play content from the integrated streaming services
- The following streaming services are integrated
ickStream provides access to promotions and voucher codes for music services periodically, for more information visit our wiki page about promotions.
Who is allowed to use it
The Open Beta for Squeezebox is only allowed for personal use with Squeezebox hardware devices, a Squeezebox-compatible smartphone player App or on general-purpose PCs or do-it-yourself devices. It does explicitly NOT grant you the right to use ickStream on any other commercial media player hardware. If you have a commercial device you'd like us to support please contact the manufacturer so they can contact us for a commercial license.
The installation process consists of the following main parts:
- Install the ickStream plugin in LMS (Logitech Media Server)
- Login/register an account on the ickStream Music Platform
- Add the services you want to use through ickStream to your account and enter the service account details
For more details of the installation see the installation instructions
To browse or search content in the services provided by ickStream Music Platform you will need to goto "My Apps/ickStream" menu on your Squeezebox and the Squeezebox have to be connected to your LMS server. You will be able to play content from the integrated services in same way as you normally do on your Squeezebox player.